Friday, July 8, 2016

All stamp images used are copyright Stamping' Up!

Part 1: Partial Die Cutting

The following video shows how to use the circle dies with the Big Shot to cut a partial circle. Since I wanted the weeds from the Wetlands set to hang over the image of the truck and be a part of the frame, I thought this was the best way to do that.




Part 2: Coloring the truck: 

This video is in fast motion so you won't have to wait forever to see this slow process! There are a couple of things you should know about coloring with colored pencils. First is the brand must be a brand with a higher wax content so that they blend easily. I am using Prismacolor pencils. If you don't like the pencil scratch marks on your coloring then you should consider purchasing the Prismacolor blending pencil. This pencil is rubbed over the colors to make them blend together and pushes the pigment around so that is is a much more even color. Let me say, I am NOT an artist and I can get pretty good results with these.  Another thing to note is that you should always color with sharp pencils. The amount of color added depends on the pressure you use, not the point of the pencil. Finally, since I am a stamper and use dye based (water based) ink on this card also, any sponging with ink should be done BEFORE you color with the pencils as the wax in the pencils will repel the ink. 


Part 3: Putting It all Together

 The final video just shows what I did to finish the card.


No comments: