Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Lovely Lily Pad Background


It's been awhile since posting and I've been trying to get my right hand back in shape. As you can see in this video, I am wearing a brace on my right thumb, which makes using scissors very difficult. I actually cut the lily pad with my pointer and middle finger, so I am sure you can understand why I didn't repeat the process here!!
Anyway, we will be making this background (and card) at my January 2020 stamp camp and I thought I'd post a video on the technique. I realize the background does not look exactly like the double-sided paper I am showing, but it gives a good impression of a pond surface.
The "Lovely Lily Pad" set is one you can earn free for a $50 purchase from either the annual catalog or the Spring Occasions catalog. There is also a matching die set to go with it!
Before I forget, this stamp set is one of the sets that Stampin' Up is making that you are supposed to stamp the back of the stamp and the front of the stamp. Because this is not a symmetrical image, it is not supposed to "fill in" the outline image fully, and it will not match the outline. (I called demonstrator support on this to clarify!) So if you're expecting the solid image to "match" the outline when you flip over the stamp, it will not.
Also, you will notice that I have not included showing the ENTIRE process as I don't like to waste your time. You know how to emboss, stamp, color, die cut, so I have not shown that in this video, mainly how I did the background and also how I made the flowers. I hope you enjoy it, and if you have questions, please post them and I will answer them. If you'd like to watch it on Youtube, you can click here.

No comments: