Saturday, August 8, 2020

Quilting With Stamps?

 This small quilt was made with left-over fabrics from quilts I've made and I wanted to experiment with alcohol markers on fabric.

One a piece of cream cotton fabric I stamped Altenew's Paeonia Japonica stamp with Ranger's Jet Black Archival ink. I colored the image with Altenew's artist markers in Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Frayed Leaf, Forest Glade, Evergreen, and Warm Sunshine. 

I quilted the piece and then added tiny black seed beads to the center of the blooms. I was wondering if the markers would "bleed" across the fabric threads, but they did not and so I was quite happy with it.


This shows you can use your stamps in other ways besides cards! I am entering this into Altenew's August Sewing Contest. Hope you  like it!


7 comments:

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Lovely idea. If you washed it, would the alcohol marker colouring still remain?

Liz Navickas said...

Yes, and to be sure of that I heat set it with the iron.

Virginia L. said...

Work of art! So glad that you entered the sewing contest!

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful!!

LauraJane:) said...

Fantastic project Liz!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous quilt and I love how you incorporated the stamping and beading!!

Linda BL said...

Gorgeous quilt. Seed beading really adds a nice touch!