Thursday, November 6, 2008

Lace Medallion Card

This card was done for a challenge on SCS, and several people wrote me and asked for directions for the outside lace, made with the punch so I decided to post the information here. Because the medallion is so large (4.5" in diameter) the card measures 5.5" x 5.5". You can use any corner punch to do this, and the tutorial for making the inside medallion is great and can be found here.

For my medallion, I did not have the specific die set that was used on that tutorial, and after some fooling around ( like making a scalloped circle, which doesn't work well, and several different
size circles) I decided on the 3 3/8" diameter circle. This size used with this punch allows the center to pop right out easily. If you use a larger circle, you'll need to cut a bit with a craft knife to get it to pop out. On the card I used all vanilla cardstock, but in these directions I am only showing how to make the lace on the outside of the circle, so I'm showing it made with colored cardstock.







So, to make the pieces for the outside (you'll need 16 for this size circle) you need the punch without the corner adapter and you only need scraps of the paper you want to use, as the pieces are small.

Position the punch along the edge of the paper as shown and punch.


I've drawn black lines on the punched piece so that you can see where I snipped it with scissors.


After you snip it, you have one of the 16 pieces you need and you glue them with a spot of glue under the outside edge of the medallion.
(To take these pictures I am showing a solid circle here, but you would have already punched out the center!)
The colors I used in the card are Old Olive, Ruby Red, and Pretty in Pink and the stamp set for the inside of the medallion is Snow Swirled.

2 comments:

Turi said...

Hello, mi chiamo Turi sono italiano, complimenti per il tuo blog davvero interessante e pieno di contenuti, vienimi a trovare nel mio blog e lasciami un commento, Thank you. http://www.youturi.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

thanks for this great idea and the tutorial. hepls me a lot. :-)
saw your card on SCS and was wondering HOW you have done this. but know i know it! :-)