Monday, March 19, 2018

An Almost Late Wednesday Challenge!

It's a Monday night and for some reason I've had a difficult time thinking of Easter with all the snow and cold weather in NE Pennsylvania!! But, finally I looked at the calendar and realized I only have this week and only four days of school next week before we get time off so I'd better get going on making Easter cards.
When I think of Easter, of course there's the most important thing: Resurrection Sunday, but we have so many other traditions: coloring eggs, Easter egg hunts, bunnies and chicks, etc.
I have a collection of ceramic eggs with all kinds of different designs on them and so I thought for Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, what better way to get "into" making Easter cards than with a large egg with irises on it. I think of my irises coming up hopefully soon and I tried to make this card so that the egg looked as 3D as possible by only cutting a slightly smaller egg shape from fun foam and adhering it after bending the edges around the foam. I'm not sure I got the effect I wanted!
Also, recently I've been seeing artists coloring with Polychromos colored pencils from Faber-Castel and recently purchased a set of 36. I love my Prismacolor pencils as they are buttery smooth just as advertised, but they do break easily if you're not careful. I found the Polychromos to be a harder "lead" that didn't break easily, but I also think I need more practice at blending. Anyway, I will try to experiment more with them and let you know the results.
For this card, I stamped the irises from Altenew's Enchanted Iris stamp set onto Neenah white cardstock and after coloring them with the pencils, outlined with a black marker and added Wink of Stella to the flower petals. Then I cut them out with an egg die and layered it onto a piece of Old Olive cardstock that I embossed with Stampin' Up's Layered Leaves embossing folder.

No comments: