Thursday, March 29, 2018

Peony Power

This card is entered into Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for this week. I love my peonies when they bloom, but they don't last long... good thing we have peony stamps!! This stamp set is from Stampendous and it is very large (Jumbo Peony) so they are good for larger cards and scrapbooks. I've used these to stamp on walls because of their size. I colored the flower with the three colors of Copic markers shown in the photo and also with Y18, YR27 for the flower center.
I stamped the vine with Stampin' Up's Meadow Moss ink (which is discontinued) after masking off the flower and then sponged a blended background with Distress Oxide inks. Finally, I added the gems and stamped the sentiment (which was in Stampin' Up's Sale-A-Bration set from 2006) in Hero Arts Intense Black ink.
I affixed the image to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" piece of Soft Sugarplum cardstock from Stampin' Up.
Thanks for looking and I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Tracy Freeman said...

Utterly stunning colouring on this, your colours have so much depth..i love it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

Aileen said...

Absolutely beautiful colouring. Looks amazing.