Friday, March 30, 2018

CASED Watercolor background

Sometimes you look at a stamp set and wonder, "what can I do with this?" So you head to Pinterest or Google the images and look through them. Well this morning I wanted something a little different and was impressed with a watercolor background I found HERE. This card uses the Beautiful Bouquet stamp and die set from Stampin Up and the colors are Lemon Lime Twist, Pool Party, and Flirty Flamingo. I had so much fun with this background I decided to experiment with other color combinations which I'll list below. Here's the card:
So, to make the watercolor background, I sponged with the three colors horizontal lines across watercolor paper, and then drew a line across the color with the matching marker, and then to blend the colors together I swiped across the bands with a watercolor brush. You can use an aqua painter for this, but I used a 1" wide brush. I also added the Nuvo Crystal Drops in "Duck Egg Blue" to the center of the flowers.
Below are some other background color combos I did that I am soon turning into cards:
The top one is: Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum, and Berry Burst
Middle: Certainly Celery, Calypso Coral, and Bermuda Bay
Bottom: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, and Pumpkin Pie
I also tried to use a ruler to draw the marker lines across but I liked the more "organic" look of the lines when I just dragged the marker across. Try it!!

No comments: