Saturday, August 11, 2018

Blended Seasons - Watercolor

Hello, thanks for visiting my blog! I've got two different water-colored cards to share today using the Blended Seasons stamp set from Stampin' Up and I've water-colored these with Sakura's Koi watercolors on Arches hot press watercolor paper. Here's the two cards:
 The first card uses the basketweave 3D embossing folder with Pool Party cardstock for the background. I embossed the floral image with black embossing powder on the watercolor paper and after painting it, I used Coliro Pearlcolors to add the shimmer. I fussy-cut the image out very close to the edges. The sentiment is from the same set, stamped in Gorgeous Grape on white cardstock and die cut with Stampin' Up's Stitched Labels Framelets.
The second card uses the same image, again with the Pearlcolors painted over the watercolor and the shine shows more in this photo. Not wanting to fussy-cut this as time-consuming I left the white border. This is affixed to a piece of Marina Mist cardstock that I ran through the Big Shot with another die from the Stitched Labels Framelets. This die just pierces stitching holes in the paper and I like the interest it adds.
Thanks for visiting!

No comments: