Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Wild Things...

This week the Monday challenge for Simon Says Stamp is for Wild Things, so I've made some cards for that. I often stamp a bunch of images all at once to color in later and this past week I stamped a lot of images from Simon Says Stamp's Encouraging Animals. I colored the images with Copics and cut them out with the matching die set.

These images make great cards for children of all ages. The first card uses two bees from the set and the background die used is the hexagon background from Stampin' Up, which is discontinued (sorry). The paper used is So Saffron, also from Stampin' Up. I embossed the sentiment in white and cut it out with the stitched fish-tail die set from Lawn Fawn.

 Then there's my favorite, the toucan, with the Leaf Frame cover die from Altenew. I modified the sentiment a bit by only stamping the word "toucan" from the Encouraging Animals set and then used Stampin' Up's Thoughtful Banners with the matching punch for the rest of the sentiment. After stamping the banner, I sponged Broken China Distress Oxide ink over it and added clear embossing powder to give it some shine.


Final "Wild Thing" is the whale. I used Hero Arts wave stencil to add waves in Broken China and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide ink and sponged the sky with Tumbled Glass Oxide ink. I added the Swirly Scribbles die cut in white from Stampin' Up over the waves.



1 comment:

Meihsia Liu said...

Love all your fabulous cards! The images and your coloring are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)