Monday, August 20, 2018

Pleasant Pheasants

The new Stampin' Up Holiday catalog is here and I am really enjoying using the stamp sets that I recently received last week! I can't wait to show you all the new products, especially the 3D embossing folder that makes the paper look like tin tile! I am entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Fall Challenge for this week.

Of course, since I have English Springers, you know I always get pheasant stamps and this set is Pleasant Pheasants and will be a great Thanksgiving set. For the first card I decided to stamp the pheasant pair in Momento Black ink as I was planning on coloring them with Copic markers. After that I added some Wink of Stella clear to give the feathers some shine, which I am sad to say does not show in the photo.

After die cutting the pair out and then added another oval frame of Early Espresso cardstock I used a piece of copper cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the new Tin Tile 3D embossing folder.  And then added it to a 4 x 5 1/4" piece of Early Espresso cardstock and then onto the front of a white card base. I just love this tin tile look!!

Now, coloring the pheasants was a bit time consuming, so I thought I'd make a "simple" card, so here's another example, stamped in Early Espresso ink on Crumb Cake cardstock with Vintage Photo Distress ink sponged around the edge, affixed to another square of Early Espresso ink and then onto a piece of woodgrain DS paper. (This is the 6 xd 6 woodgrain paper from Stampin' Up.) I gold embossed the "Thinking of You" right onto the woodgrain paper.


2 comments:

S Rodgers said...

Beautiful cards. Love the one not colored and love the colored one with the tin tile mat. Great Thanksgiving cards.

Sandra said...

Gorgeous cards, those embossing folders are amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra