Monday, July 30, 2018

Peruvian Lillies

So this week my new order from Altenew arrived and I was so excited to use the Peruvian Lily stamp set and matching dies. It is a multi-layer stamp set, which I must confess I've had a little trouble with in the past. I guess you can teach an "old dog" new tricks as I had a "DUH" moment! I know you'll think, "How dumb could she be?" after I tell you what I learned: If you are using a stamp positioning tool to make multiple images from multi-layer stamps you need to make sure THE PAPER IS THE EXACT SAME SIZE!

Maybe you've struggled with having these types of stamps line up, maybe  not. I realized that if my paper is off by 1/16" in measurement then the stamps do not line up correctly. Well, I am now in love with multi-layer stamps, especially this set!

Here's some cards I made with the set and I also used Simon Says Stamp's Frames die set and Stampin' Up's 3D embossing folder "tufted." The paper is all from Stampin' Up, the gold frame is Stampin' Up's 12 x 12 gold cardstock.
Thanks for looking and if you like, leave a comment!

The purple flowers are done with Altenew's Crisp Dye ink. I like this ink as you can get up to 4 colors in the same family that go together. The rest of the inks are Stampin' Up.


No comments: