Monday, June 1, 2020

Easy Ink Blending

One of my favorite things to do is to blend different inks together and often I use Bristol Smooth cardstock to blend Distress Oxide inks. Usually I do backgrounds this way when I want a sunset or soft sky. In Altenew Academy's Easy Ink Blending class I learned there are more ways to use inks for blending and now I will be doing more different blending techniques. This is a very reasonable class and if you are struggling with blending different inks I would encourage you to take the class.

This example shows blending inks onto an embossed image on watercolor paper. I used Altenew's Crisp dye ink in Bamboo and Olive and Distress ink in Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, and Seedless Preserves. The stamp set is from Altenew's Beautiful Peony and the sentiment is from their Best Sentiments set. I splattered the image with the Olive ink, cut it with a stitched rectangle die and affixed it onto a white card base.


1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

This looks very pretty!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.