Monday, June 15, 2020

Scene Building

With my son and daughter-in-law both engineers I just knew I would get loads of use out of Altenew's Engineers Rule stamp and matching die set. I decided to build a scene of a hardware store for my son and a "hardware boutique" for my daughter-ion-law for their birthdays.


This class was encouraging as I learned more about making a scene with other objects besides simply nature scenes. Although these  cards are not shaker cards, even though they are popped up with a clear window, the class does show how to make shaker cards. 


Even though the stamps had "fillers" that could be stamped over the outlines to color them in I decided to color them with Copic markers so I could get some shading. I used a rectangle die set to cut the window and two of the dies together to cut out the window frame. The wood "shelves" inside are wood-grain paper and the lower one is raised a bit with extra cardstock behind it.


With a color scheme change the set can be made completely feminine, especially with a bit of silver glitter cardstock in the back. The sentiment is from Altenew's Floral Sprig stamp set and was stamped with Razzleberry Crisp dye ink. Both backgrounds for the cards were done with Distress ink.
Stamp sets and matching dies can be found at ALTENEW.

3 comments:

TeresaQ said...

Great scene and I love your attention to detail.

Karen Brown said...

Really cute cards! Perfect for your engineers. :-)

Erum Tasneem said...

This is the first time I have ever seen someone use this set this way! WOW. I love it!! Altenew will love it too!! You should share it on your IG or tag Altenew. The set is so unique!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!