Friday, June 5, 2020

Let It Shine

Shine can add new dimension to handmade cards and there are many ways to add just that light touch of shine to your cards. Altenew has a class called Let It Shine and in this class I revisited some of the ways to add shine to cards. One thing that inspired me while doing the lessons in this class was that you don't need to focus on giving the cards a "mega-watt" shine but that a little goes a long way. These classes are reasonably priced and not only will you learn from the many experienced designers, but the design tips along the way are valuable.



I've been wanting to play with my new alcohol alloy inks, so for my first card I created a background on Yupo paper. I used a turquoise and green with gilded alloy ink and moved it around with blending solution. I stamped Altenew's Floral Sprig onto watercolor paper with Versafine Onyx ink and used Altenew's 24 pan watercolor set to paint the image. I used the coordinating die to cut it out and added a little Wink of Stella to the blooms. I used the same stamp set and embossed "hello" with Hero Art's gold glitter embossing powder and added thin strips of gold glitter cardstock.


Then I stamped the image on Neenah solar white cardstock in a  Copic-safe black ink and colored it with Altenew's artist markers. I went over the outline with a Copic Multiliner pen and cut it out with the coordinating die.

For the background I blended Twisted Citron, Abandoned Coral, and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide inks and spattered with water. Then to add shine I sprayed the background with Sheer Shimmer Spritz. I also used the Wink of Stella pen on the blooms and added foam to the back to lift the image off the card front. The greeting is from the same stamp set and I embossed it on vellum cardstock. The pearl embellishments are from Little Things from Lucy's Cards.

For any of the Altenew products listed above please visit ALTENEW

3 comments:

TeresaQ said...

They are absolutely stunning Liz.

Erum Tasneem said...

Both cards look gorgeous! Love the backgrounds.
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

Jo Nevill said...

Thank you for joining us in our Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Design Team Call ! Good luck 🍀