Monday, June 8, 2020

Working with Stencils

As "stampers" we sometimes forget about using stencils. Stencils are great for backgrounds on cards and Altenew Academy's "Celebrations - Stencil Techniques class will show you different ways to use stencils and also how to create your own stencils. For this first card I used Altenew's Foliage stencil that has two sections. The first is for the leaves and the second side is for the veins in the leaves.

First I used watercolor paper for the background and did a light wash of a yellow and blue and after it was completely dry I used the Foliage setencil and added the leaves using Volcano Lake, Lagoon, and Emerald Crisp dye ink. I stamped the blooms using Altenew's Angelique Motifs stamp set and cut them out with the matching dies. This made the card easy as I didn't have to stamp and cut out the leaves from the stamp set. The blooms were stamped in shades of Blush, Rouge, and Crimson Crisp dye ink and the yellow centers were done with Maple Yellow and Honey Drizzle Crisp dye ink. The sentiment is from the Floral Sprig stamp set.

For the next card I used Altenew's Leaf Frame Cover die and made my own stencil. One a piece of white cardstock I added Nuvo's Moonstone Glimmer Paste through the stencil. After pulling off the stencil I just knew this would make a great wedding or anniversary card. I used Altenew's Vintage Roses stamp set for the rose and sentiment. I embossed the sentiment in silver.  I affixed the center rectangle and card front onto a piece of light lavender cardstock. If you are interested in any of the products used please visit ALTENEW.


1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Both your cards look so different and gorgeous! Fabulous work!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.