Wednesday, June 3, 2020

For The Guys

Sometimes it can be difficult to make masculine cards. Often I stick to hunting, fishing, tools, cars, and scenery. So making one with a simple geometric set was a struggle. After completing the lessons in Altenew's For The Guys class I realized that I could do this. I decided to use Altenew's Halftone Circles set in monochrome colors.

The thing I really appreciate about Altenew's inks is that you can purchase a set of shades that look great together. Often I struggle looking for just the right shade to give a gradient look, but with these sets the color matching is done for you. I used the Sea Shore Crisp dye ink set of green/blues that include Emerald, Lagoon, Volcano Lake, and Mountain Mist for the stamping of the halftone circle along the side. I used Mountain Mist for the largest circle and cut it out with a circle die. Then I used the Emerald to color the negative space where the circle was cut out and cut a circular frame and cut it in pieces and affixed it to the card background. I added a strip of metallic washi tape down one edge.

The "You" is stamped from Altenew's Adore You set and the "ARE MY INSPIRATION" is from the Halftone Circle set. In both cases I only inked the part of the sentiment that I wanted.

My first attempt at this was okay and I was "fairly" happy with it, but then I showed my husband the card and he looked at the card in a different way, as he saw those circle as golf balls!! So, I cut a small piece of paper, shaped it into a golf tee, colored it with Buttercream ink and slid it under the largest "golf ball." Now we both liked the card and I hope you all like it! Thanks for looking!

  

1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Clever husband you have there!! That was a fab idea! Your card looks cool!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.