Saturday, February 10, 2018

Again, since it will soon be Valentine's Day I've been working on cards for friends. Also, since Simon Says Stamp is having this "lovely challenge," I just finished another for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, "It Must Be Love."
Here's the card:

For this card I had some hearts in Stampin' Up's Mellon Mambo paper that I had left over from another project and decided to use some of Nuvo's Pink Opal Glimmer Paste with Simon Says Stamp Folk Dance stencil. 
The white cardstock was cut with Simon Says Stamp Twisted Stitch border die and adhered to a piece of pink cardstock, the heart on top as shown. I cut the "love" background from black cardstock using Simon Says Stamp's love die, and then used the matching word die that I cut from white cardstock. (This is my favorite word die!) Then I embossed the saying in Hero Arts white embossing powder on black cardstock. This saying is from Simon Says Stamp's Stained Glass Love stamp set. I punched it out with Stampin' Up's word window punch. 
Finally, I cut out some tiny hearts in different shades of pink with Memory Box's Candy Hearts die and after adhering them to the card, added Ranger's Glossy Accents. Thanks for looking!!

2 comments:

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous, Liz .... the shimmery, texture-y heart is just so pretty ... fabulous with that lovely, delicate, scalloped background border! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

Teresa Kline said...

cute card! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*