Thursday, February 22, 2018

Since my yarn has not arrived until tomorrow to knit a shawl for my daughter I've decided to complete two more cards for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, "Make Your Own Backgrounds." Since these have similar backgrounds, I'll describe making the backgrounds first and then describe the individual cards.

This card uses Nuvo Glimmer Paste spread over a pink cardstock in Pink Opal and Amethyst Purple. The stencil used is from Simon Says Stamp and is the Star Medalion stencil. I used this same stencil on both of the cards.

The bottom card uses the paste in Peridot Green and Blue Topaz glimmer paste over a mint-green cardstock.

On the pink card, I used the MISTI stamp tool to stamp AlteNew's Ornamental Flower and leaves using AlteNew's Crisp Dye inks in Soft Lilac, Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, and Midnight Violet. I used Stampin' Up's Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Tangerine Tango for the inside of the flower, and Lemon Lime Twist, Tranquil Tide, and Mossy Meadow for the leaves. I cut the flower and leaves out with the matching die set from AlteNew, and adhered the leaves flat on the card and added foam to the back of the flower to add dimension.
I cut the "hello" from black cardstock from Lawn Fawn's Magic Color Slider die set and to add interest to the edge of the white card base, I used Lawn Fawn's Outside/In Stitched Rectangle die and a silicon embossing mat in my Big Shot to emboss the card edges with the stitching and line.

Below, I used the same Lawn Fawn's Outside/In Stitched Rectangle die to cut a piece of Island Indigo cardstock for the front of the card, adhered it to a white card base. I stamped the Happy onto X-Press white cardstock in Memento Tuxedo Black ink as I was coloring them in with Copics. The stamps are from the Simon Says Stamp Stained Glass Love set and then I used the matching dies to cut them out. I adhered the top, blue one flat to the card and added foam tape to the back of the green one for dimension. I used Hero Arts white embossing powder to emboss "BIRTHDAY" on black cardstock which was from the same Stained Glass Love set.

Thank you for looking and if you enjoyed these cards, leave a comment as I do read them!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Gorgeous cards Liz! The background you've created look so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx