Thursday, February 22, 2018


Yay! A "snow day" in NE PA, which gives me a chance to stay home from school and finish the card I made for the newest Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! This card is for the Make Your Own Background challenge and I've been playing with different watercolor backgrounds this week. This background is on watercolor paper made by dropping Dr. Ph. Martin's Hydrus watercolors in tiny drops onto the paper and then spritzing it with water and letting the colors bleed together. I used two colors for this: Gamboge and Quinacridone Magenta.

I stamped the image from Simon Says Stamp Bouquet of Thanks, on Bristol smooth cardstock and colored it with Faber-Castel Polychromos pencils. I just got these and wanted to try them out and compare them with Prismacolor pencils, which you know I just love. These are a little firmer leads and don't break as easily, and I haven't decided which I like better yet, but will let you know after I try them some more.

I had to cut out the flowers as when I ordered the stamp set, the matching die was out of stock, sadly, but hopefully it is on it's way now!!

I cut out a large stitched rectangle from Old Olive paper with Lawn Fawn's Outside In Stitched rectangle die and adhered the watercolor background onto the center of that. I really like the Outside/In stitched dies as it makes your supplies go further as you can use both pieces!
I cut out the "hello" from black cardstock that I put onto some Stick-It adhesive sheets with Lawn Fawn's Magic Color Slider.

Finally, I added a few pearls and decided to give the flowers a sheen with a Wink of Stella pen.

2 comments:

kksb said...

Lovely card. The background and flowers are beautiful. tfs

Virginia L. said...

Hi Liz, your inked background and stamping are really a stand-out! Love this! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make Your Own Background” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!