Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Another Wednesday challenge... I'd like to try Monday challenges, but for some reason Monday is not a good day for me!! This card is entered in Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge and was very simple to do with Memory Box dies.
It is an inlay card, and a simple way to do an inlay is to die cut the pieces more than once to get the colors you want. Here's the card and the directions are below with links to the products used.
I used a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and blended Distress Oxide ink on one end in Peeled Paint in a spot large enough to cut out the entire heart die. The die is the Vernay Heart from Memory Box. Then I blended another spot large enough for the flowers on the other end of the cardstock with Wilted Violet Distress Oxide.

With a piece of white cardstock cut to 4" x 5 1/4" I cut the heart out of the top-right corner and removed the entire piece, saving the "background" white pieces. I die cut out the heart on the green end of the cardstock and another from the end with the Wilted Violet.

I separated all the pieces I wanted in green (including the flowers) from the rest of the heart die cut and cut out the purple flowers only from the purple heart.

After adhering the white 4" x 5 1/4" white to a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" of cardstock, I applied glue to the back of the green vines and pressed them into the hole left from the white die cut. Then I pressed the white "background pieces around the vines, and adhered the purple flowers on top of the green ones to give it some dimension.
I was left with the tiny slots in the green "buds" that I thought should be darker so I sponged on some
Forest Moss Distress Oxide onto the ones that were left in the white die cut.
Once all of the pieces were glued down I applied Nuvo Crystal Drops in gloss white to the holes in the flower centers.
For the "hello," I again used Distress Oxide inks in Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet, and Shaded Lilac to blend a gradient dark to light onto a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock and cut out the outside of the Big Halo Hello die from Memory Box and then cut out the word with the matching die in white.
Thanks for looking! If you like the card, leave a comment and hopefully I'll be back next week with another challenge card!

No comments: