Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Anything but a Card??

So, I've often said that if something holds still long enough I will stamp on it! Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge this week surprised me as I had to come up with something that wasn't a card. So it's a good thing I hadn't thrown out this box of "junk" from my stamp room as I found this wooden bird house sitting there, so here's what I created with a stamp set with matching dies (Simon's Even More Spring Flowers), some Copic coloring, and some paint and Mod Podge. Also, I wanted to make the roof look a little rustic, so I colored some DAP spackling paste with some grey ink. (I could have used some actual texture paste, but I didn't have enough of it and this is less expensive!)

2 comments:

Beulah Bee said...

This is really pretty! Good tip on the spackling paste (I've used it, too, in place of texture mediums). Your roof is a great finishing touch.

cheiron said...

Such pretty flowers and I love your tip on the paste! Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything But A Card Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)