Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Recessed Magnolia

I've been trying out the new Silk Microfine Glitter from Elizabeth Craft Designs and this card uses the crystal clear. I stamped the image in Momento Black ink with Avery Elle's Magnolia and colored it with Copic markers. I also stamped the image on a piece of Granny Apple green cardstock in the same position. Then I used the matching die to cut the stamped image out of the green cardstock and also a piece of craft foam, which I glued to the back of the green cardstock.
I used a piece of Elizabeth Craft Designs adhesive sheets and completely covered the stamped and colored image, set it in a box lid and sprinkled on the glitter. After shaking off the excess glitter into a coffee filter I rubbed my finger over the front of the image to "polish" the glitter into the adhesive. I don't think the photo shows how shiny and glittery it is, but it's really a beautiful finish. It gives a slight "hazy" but sparkly finish to a stamped image, where the Wink of Stella just adds sparkle but doesn't give that haze.

No comments: