Saturday, June 2, 2018

World's Greatest Dad Shaker

For some reason, I keep making shaker cards because I enjoy the challenge! I keep making mistakes with them, and this card is no exception, so I am posting it so you can learn from my mistakes!! I entered this in the Simon Says Stamp Monday "Masculine" challenge and used a new stamp and die set I purchased from Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps at the Syracuse, NY show.
Here's the card and I'll link to the products below that I used:
The shirt is stamped on Sahara Sand cardstock with 2 different stamps: First I stamped the background which is a Hero Arts Forrest & Deer 6x6 stamp in Soft Suede ink, then I stamped the shirt outline in Momento Black.

The shirt stamp is unique and is available in two sizes (this is the smaller one). The shirt left and right-front are folded over the back of the shirt, so if you want, you could stamp a greeting inside the shirt and leave the front open. I chose to fold it closed and glue the front down. There are many options in these types of stamps on their website, so I would encourage you to check them out!
(Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps)

The tiny buttons were actually from a package of "baby" colored, which was too light for the shirt so I dabbed some brown alcohol ink over them.
I cut the circle out with Lawn Fawn's inside-out stitched circle dies and the "tool" confetti is made from a die from Taylored Expressions.

The mistake I made was that I tried to use craft foam with both sides covered in "Stick-It," which would have worked fine, but as you see, the screwdriver is "stuck" as the edge of the Stick-It is very close to the edge of the craft foam. So, lesson learned: cut the Stick-It a little bigger than the hole, or use some anti-static powder on the very edge before sticking it down!
Finally, I mounted the entire piece onto a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" black cardstock and then on the card front.

1 comment:

Macarena said...

Great Father's Day card, lovely details and cute colors. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.