Thursday, July 12, 2018

Summer Fun

Good morning! This early-morning shell seeker scene uses older Stampin' Up stamps and a Distress Oxide background. I created the background on a piece of Bristol Smooth cardstock by masking off the sand, sea and sky. Then I used the "waves" stamp from Stampin' Up's High Tide and stamped with plain water on the middle ocean section and heat set to get the soft variations in the waves.
Then I stamped the girls in Versafine black because I was going to remove the color and use water-based markers to add the colors back in. I used a paint brush with just water and gently brushed over the girls' dresses and other sections where I wanted to remove the oxide ink, dabbed the areas with a clean paper towel. Then I recolored them with the water-based markers. I added the foam at the edge of the water with Dr. Ph Martin's bleed-proof white ink.
The shells were stamped on a piece of Neenah white cardstock with Momento black and colored with Copics and then fussy-cut out.
The frame is a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" Soft Suede cardstock and I cut out the rectangle with Lawn Fawn's Inside-Out rectangle stitched dies. This card is for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday "Fun In The Sun" challenge.

1 comment:

Tracy Freeman said...

A really beautiful card and instantly reminded me of summers at the beach when i was younger.
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog.
Have a great day :)