Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Cards to Encourage

Since I've been "sewing" masks for days and shipping them all over I thought I would post my recent card creations. This past week was Altenew's 6th anniversary and I pulled out one of my favorite stamp sets that remind me of Spring. This is the Enchanted Iris set, and the "Hello" is from Stampin' Up's Good Morning Magnolia.

When I saw Jennifer McGuire's video on quick coloring technique using craft foam cut into the shape of the flowers I had to try this, especially since I was making a whole stack of them. Here's a link to the video: Fast Coloring

One thing I would caution about this technique is to choose images that are solid enough that you don't have to cut tiny background details out. (Ask me how I know this!!) I cut a tiny background out of one of the irises with a craft knife. Also, remember to use TEMPORARY adhesive on the stamp positioned door. It makes a mess and removing the craft foam warps them so that you can't use them again! (Did this too!!)

Anyway, I used Altenew's Crisp Dye ink on the flowers and then to get the yellow on the petals, I used a marker right over the ink on the foam. I liked the way it blended. I used Stampin' Up's Granny Apple Green for the leaves and then used some copies to add shadows. Thanks for looking!


No comments: