Monday, April 13, 2020

Masking with Masking Fluid

Have you struggled with getting the background colored in after you've done all the stamping? Masking papers are great when you have larger areas and can easily make masks, but when dealing with tiny areas as I had with these stamps it's too time consuming and really impossible to mask off all these tiny areas. These stamps are from Stampin' Up's "His Grace."

Also if you try to put the background in first you would have to erase the color from all the tiny areas you want to color in, which, again does not work. This is where a liquid masking fluid comes in handy. I used the Molotow liquid masking marker for this. Also, if the felt tip on the marker is too large for some of the tiny areas I pumped out some fluid onto an acrylic block and used a paint brush to add it to some areas.

I heat embossed in gold the verse and flower vine and dove and then added the masking fluid to all the areas I wanted to color. After the fluid was completely dry I used Distress Oxides to blend the background (Twisted Citron, Tumbled Glass, and Salty Ocean). Using an ordinary pencil eraser I gently "erased" all the fluid from the flowers, leaves, and dove. Then I colored in the areas with markers. This is an easy single-layer card.


No comments: