Thursday, May 14, 2020

Layering Stamps

This week I've started a new adventure: the beginning of the Altenew Academy's teacher certification program. I will be showing you my progress along the way here and I am excited to share with you what I have learned.

If you want beautiful images without having to "color" in each image, then layering stamps are for you. Altenew has the best floral layering stamps, some with fewer layers than others, but all turn out beautiful. The set I chose to work with today is their Build-A-Flower Magnolia. The flowers have 3 layers besides the outline image.

I stamped the first image with Lavender Fields, the second with Deep Iris, and the third with Midnight Violet Crisp dye inks from Altenew. For the two greens I used Olive and Moss Crisp dye inks. Even though the branch has a stamp to fill in the area I decided to use Altenew's Evening Grey Artist marker, which is an alcohol marker. The sentiments came from the same stamp set, which is filled with many sentiments that pair with the word, "You," nicely. I stamped them in black and also stamped the outlines to the images in black.

I wanted a "clean and simple" card so I did not add the sequins after all. Thanks for joining me on this new adventure!!



Layering stamps can be difficult at first but learning a few tricks will help which the class taught. Even if layers don't line up EXACTLY right the flowers will still look great. 

3 comments:

Karen Brown said...

Gorgeous card...you look like a pro already! I am part of Group 17 too and look forward to seeing your future cards.

Erum Tasneem said...

This is the bomb!! How clear and crisp did that photo come out! Congrats on your first post! Love the colours, love the layout. Perfection!
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

TeresaQ said...

Beautiful choice of colours, thanks for the inspiration!