Saturday, May 30, 2020

Letterpress

Letterpress is exactly what it says... pressing letters or images into paper. For this card I used Altenew's Thank You die to make the impression into the paper. I used watercolor paper as I knew I was going to spray it and it needed to handle the water. Again, I used Deep Iris Crisp dye ink and pressed it into the paper. Leaving the words over the paper I used the Spring Garden Watercolor Brush markers to splatter the image and then I sprayed it with water to let some of the areas bleed a bit. I added Carousel Lights confetti from Honey Bee Stamps and affixed it onto a lime green card base.


Here is a closeup so you can see how the letters pressed into the paper:


I have done this before, but not with such thin script letters and I think I would use bolder dies in the future for this technique. I also ruined one that I had made because I was too impatient to let it dry and the layers slid apart in the die cutting machine. I will have to try again with a larger die!!

No comments: