Friday, May 22, 2020

Scribbled Flowers

In Layering Level 2 we learned to layer images not only by stamping multiple layers together but to cut out different layers and layer images together.

The background of this card is watercolor paper that I sprayed liberally with water and then used Altenew's watercolor brush markers to drop ink down across the paper. First I applied Evening Gray and then added Sea Breeze. Once the background was dry I flicked the Evening Gray from the brush marker lightly over the paper. I like the tiny droplets that these markers give as I've always struggled with larger drops from a watercolor brush.

I stamped the images with blue ink on Neenah natural white cardstock and to get just the right shades I stamped off for the lighter color and stamped a first generation for the dark blue. The leaves I stamped with Weathered Wood Distress ink.

There is a matching die set for this stamp set, but alas, I didn't have it so I fussy-cut all the images out. Some of the leaves I stamped directly onto the watercolor background. The card base is Neenah natural white. I used the sentiment from the same stamp set and embossed it in white. Thanks for looking!


1 comment:

Erum Tasneem said...

Your watercolour background looks gorgeous. The colours also work perfectly together.
Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.