Saturday, May 30, 2020

Special Papers

Special papers are fun to use and often we hoard them because they are more expensive. Actually, I think I don't use them because I just like to look at them!! I am reminded of what Tim Holtz said on one of his Saturday demo days. He said we should use our supplies because they might go bad. This has happened to me with adhesives before, so I had this set of mirror cardstock I bought at a stamp show a few years ago and thought it was exactly what I needed for this card.

I cut Altenew's Leafy Frame Cover die from the gold mirror cardstock and adhered it to a piece of black cardstock with Mulit Medium Matte. Then the flowers were all stamped with Altenew's Adore You stamp set and cut out with the matching dies. I glued them down flat as I was planning to affix the sentiment over top and popped up. The sentiment is from a free set from Altenew that I just love. I like these little sentiments so much I just have to get the full label sentiment set next!

One of the blooms from the stamp set and a couple leaves stamped in black for the matching envelope.


No comments: