Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Painted Flowers

This is another example of layering floral stamps. For this card the Altenew set Painted Flowers was used. One thing that I found out with this lesson was that practice layering flowers helps. I stamped several examples on scrap paper until I found just the right ink colors and also I think I got better at lining up a slightly more difficult set. If you don't want to spend the time lining the images up perfectly you could offset them a bit and still would get a beautiful image.

First I used a basic oval die set to trace in the center to give a guide for placing the floral images around. One thing I found out is that you need to stamp the leaves along with the blooms to plan spacing when doing this as I didn't want any overlap except for the images that were cut out and popped up. I filled in with the little sprigs that were in the set and the sentiment is from Altenew's Adore You set. I hope you're enjoying my journey through layering!


2 comments:

TeresaQ said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing.

Enna said...

Hi, Liz. Gorgeous card. I love how you have arranged everything in a wreath. I am one of your fellow classmates in Group 17 & am looking forward to seeing more of your projects! Enna.